We, the human rights and defenders and promoters of Rule of Law and justice solemnly resolve and affirm the following:
- All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights. They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of universal brotherhood.
- Everyone is entitled to all the rights and freedoms set forth in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, the UN Declaration on Protection of all Persons from Degrading Treatment or Punishment and the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights.
- Everyone has the right to life, liberty and security of person, and no one shall be held in slavery or servitude and arbitrarily deprived of his property.
- No one shall be subjected to torture or to cruel, inhuman or degrading treatment or to punishment. Arbitrary arrest or detention.
- Every one has the right to equality and equal protection before law.
- Everyone charged with a penal offence has the right to be presumed innocent until proved guilty according to law. In public trial, at which he has had all the necessary defence as per established recognised international norms and standards?
- No one shall be subjected to arbitrary interference, nor to attacks upon his honour and reputation. Everyone has the rights to the protection of the law against such interference or attacks.
- Everyone has the right to freedom of expression, conscience and religion, and to form associations and peaceful assemblies.
- All peoples have the right to self-determination so as to freely determine their political status and pursue their social, economic and cultural development as per stipulation of the UN Charted on Human Rights.
Aims and Objects
HRCOI will strive to bring together all those who cherish democratic values in all spheres of life –social, economic and political –and take active steps to preserve, defend and strengthen democracy. The HRCOI shall be a non-party, non-Governmental organisation . However, it shall strive to guide public opinion by propagating rational and constructive views on human rights, dedicating itself to the cause of the people and the victims of state oppression. With this end in view, the organisation shall make ceaseless efforts:
- To build a sound public opinion and to mobilise it in defence of human rights of all nationalities especially the people struggling for their right of self-determination.
- To stop Child labour and humilitation of poor people.
- To promote Health awareness among the society and linked up with health-cure entities.
- To work for structural changes to fulfil socio-economic and political aspirations of all nationalities, ensuring protection of their ethnic,religious and cultural identities.
- To secure recognition of the principles of universal brother-hood, socio- economical and political justice, and the dignity of the individual. And on basis, combat racism and eradicate untouchability, casteism, communalism, chauvinism, dowry, bride burning including Sati (immolation).
- To educate people about their fundamental rights, civil liberties, prestige and fostering of democratic value by organising seminars to raise and awaken public consciousness.
- To secure recognition to the right of public dissent and generally to lend support to the struggling people who are fighting to defend their religious, cultural, linguistic and ethnic identities against the ruling classes' attempts to oppress these just and democratic struggles.
- To comprehend national and international problems in their depth, complexity and essence and to counter misinformation/disinformation and false propaganda against their people engineered by the States concerned.
- To establish local and overseas chapters and create liaison with national and international organisations with similar mission.
- To strive for the independence and impartiality of the judiciary, freedom of the Press and other mass media.
- To mobilise public opinion against draconian measures and black laws and to secure the rule of law, according to internationally established norms and standards.
- To strive for the right to have access to information.
- To work for such other things as may be necessary from time to time and/or incidental to the aforesaid objects.
- All the expenses of the organisation shall be met from the funds raised through membership fees and donations.
- No donation shall be accepted from Government or political parties or their representatives.
- Receipt of all founds shall be against official receipts of the HRCOI Funds shall be audited every year. Such audited reports shall be open to inspection by the members.
- Funds shall be audited every year. Such audited reports shall be open to inspection by the members.
- CENTRAL COMMITTEE- Central co mittee is the main organ of the HRCOI and its meeting is held annually when it appoints the Core Group. It consists of not less than Seven members to be elected at the annual meeting. In addition, all state heads of HRCOI is thepart of Central committee.
- Core Group- Core Group is generally responsible for the fulfilment of the objects of the organisation and carry out the mandate as set out by the Governing Central committee. This set-up consists of not less than eleven members.
- MEMBERSHIP- For Membership please contact 011-43571242 .